Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The kids!

Ella! She is now 3 & 4 months to be exact! She is at such a fun age, I LOVE IT. She is such a playful, fun spirited little girl. Loves to play with her friends, be outdoors (digging for worms!), helping mommy watering the flowers, playing at the pool, coloring and painting, watching princess shows, playing with little brother, and loves to chat. She has such a cute little voice, I love listening to her talk. Her pronunciation is a little off sometimes. For the word "forgot" she says fregot and for "idea" she says badea" I try and correct her but she loves to say it her way. I'm fine with that, it's cute!

She can't go anywhere without her "fenny" which is her blanket. While holding her blanket, the thumb goes straight in the mouth (we'll work on that one later!) I think it's still cute, not so much at age 5 or so. We have time. She's still potty training. Won't have an accident. Just doesn't like to go #2 on the potty. Preschool starts in September so we have time on that one too!

Ella is getting quite the sweet tooth and will occasionally ask for a candy cane for breakfast. I tell her she's crazy and then offer her tofu and banana mush, what Nico has. Just kidding. She's a pretty good eater. Loves her broccoli, fruits, yogurt, chicken, oatmeal & berries, soy dogs, cheese, pasta, pretty much anything. Daddy will occasionally take her to get frozen yogurt too, a special treat!

Nico! He is now 1 year old! This boy is a lover and a fussy fighter! He's all boy. He has a good set of lungs for starters. If he wants something, you'll know it! He has the basic needs- feed me, hold me, love me, and let me go to sleep! He is totally a mama's boy and pretty much wants nothing to do with anyone (though lately, he's been lovin' on daddy and it's so sweet to watch)

For months now I've noticed this about him and now that he's one, I can tell it's more defined in him but he definitely can only handle so much. If he's in a large group gathering or there are a lot of people in our home, he will occasionally need to step away and have his alone time. Whereas sister can go go go and is the life of the party, Nico is more introverted.

Tony and I are so thankful for them each and every day! They are true gifts from the Lord and we love them dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment